Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Capture[edit | edit source]
Capturing monsters is a special activity, that allows you to tame and transport pets.
Capturing a monster requires a soul gem, which is the medium for acquiring and summoning the monster.
Every higher tier gem can capture the lower gem monsters.
- Higher level soul gems can capture stronger monsters.
- The higher level of gem used, the more likely the capture of the monster.
- Decreasing the monster's health before throwing the soul gem makes it more likely that you will capture them.
- The pathfinding mechanic of bats seems broken making captured bats / toxic bats difficult to level / control
- One method of leveling is to exploit the aggro mechanic - attack a mob, run out of its range and wait for your minion to kill it.
- Each world only has one Soul Gem lv 5 as the reward of prehistoric biome challenge.
When you throw the gem after capturing a monster, it will spawn. The monster will have a violet gem above him, this means this is your monster. You can invoke only one monster at a time. If your monster is KO'd, your monster will not be able to be summoned again until it regenerates all of it's health. KO'd monsters regenerate health more slowly than regular monsters. You can use the monster regeneration table to heal your monster more quickly by using souls.
Captured Monster Stats:
- Captured monsters will lose all of their buffs when caught, but gets buffs when leveled up.
- The stats of a captured monster appears to correspond to stats in the wild (buffed by its skills and level).
- All captured monsters start from level 5.
- The maximum level of monster is 70.
- Currently all non-boss monsters can be captured.
- The only boss monster that can be captured is the T-Rex.(Requires Soul Gem Lv5)
Version[edit | edit source]
0.5.10 : Captured monsters will keep rarity now